Website Back Links
Getting links to your site increases traffic and boosts your rankings in the search engines queries.
Here are the 10 methods I used for getting links to your site:
1. Directory submission
If you don't have time to do it yourself, you should hire someone to do this for you, as this is the best and the safest way to increase your back links.
2. Link Exchange With Other Webmasters
This is a slow process and not always reciprocal linking is a good idea, causes search engines place more importance on one-way links than two-way links. Still, it can bring you valorous links, if you have what to exchange with. But make sure the links are relevant to your site. In other words if you are selling apples you don’t want links coming in from fashion website nor do you want links going to them.
3. Can I build A Network Of Websites And Interlink Them? Not a good idea as Google will suss what you are doing and might shut you down totally. Talk to other site owners who are in the same situation as you and exchange links by being up front.
Building multiple websites is always a good idea, but be careful to host them on different ips, not on the same server, as the search engines will believe you are manipulating their results and will most penalize your sites.
4. Write articles like this one. You can see in the footer our bio-box, that has 3 links. as you see, we are not writing these article for nothing.
5. Building a reciprocal directory is very good
If you build a niche directory related to your site, many people with similar sites to yours will want to submit a link to it, and, in return, you could ask for a link to your site.
6. Build a theme / template for used scripts
Like WordPress, or phpld. Put in the footer of the theme, your link, as in "Designed by yourlink.com". If you can't do one, you could always buy it from people that can. The catch here is to advertise it well.
7. Post on forums that allow you to have a signature
You won’t get a great deal of page rank, as most forums do not have a high page rank for their threads, but you will build up a good number of links, and as forums are generally very crowed by search engines, bots will follow the links to your site and crawl your site on a regular basis.
8. Leave Comments On Blogs sits And Guest books
Don’t abuse it and start spamming other people’s blogs or guest books. Make comments to the subject, and make it look like you actually have something to contribute.
9. Write Good Testimonials
By writing and submitting testimonials to websites that you have previously purchased products or services from, you can get high-quality links to your site.
10. Buy Links
This can have a dramatic effect on your page rank and subsequently your search engine rankings if you can get links from PR6+ sites, however the only problem with this is that most links for sale are often for a set period of time, but be very careful as Google has started clamping down on this method.
Moe Nawaz – Author – Speaker – Small Business Coach
Latest posts by Moe Nawaz (see all)
- Grow Your Business During The Recession - September 5, 2012
- Is Your Business Thriving – Surviving or Perishing? - August 30, 2012
- Six Best Reasons Why You Need a Business Coach - May 28, 2012
Filed under: Marketing
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!